Migration Activities in Cameroon
Project: EUTF – IOM initiative for the protection and reintegration of migrants in Cameroon
Donor: European Union
- Support Cameroon in improving the reintegration of returning migrants and in strengthening the capacity of national authorities in managing reintegration in a sustainable and dignified manner.
- Allow returning and potential migrants to take informed decisions about their migration route and raise awareness among communities on the risks of irregular migration, as well as on the existing socio-economic opportunities available in the areas of implementation.
- Strengthening migration data and communication regarding migrants’ routes, migrations fluxes and trends. Also, raising awareness on the needs and vulnerabilities of migrants in the target countries in order to support data based programming on migration.
Project: Emergency assistance to conflict affected populations in cameroon: Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM)
Donor: European Union Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid (ECHO), the Central Emergency Response Fund (CERF)
Since the onset of the Boko Haram crisis in 2014, the Far Not Region of Cameroon has experienced significant population movements. As of IOM’s December 2017 Displacement Tracking Matrix (DTM) report, there were 241,030 Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), 31,656 out of camp refugees and 69,730 returnees in the Region. In 2018, IOM Cameroon continues to implement its DTM as to provide the most accurate information to the humanitarian community, the government and all the other stakeholders as to, in fine, bring an appropriate response to the crisis.
Project: Strengthening the management of financial resources generated by the diaspora to support the sustainable development of Cameroon
Donor: IOM Devlopment Fund (IDF)
- Survey of 1000 Cameroonian households as to understand how these funds are used and how to improve the impact of these transfers on the living conditions of the beneficiaries.
- To strengthen the capacities of the private and public institutions as well as of the politic leaders in terms of: identification, design and development of policies and initiatives related to the transfer of funds of the Cameroonian migrants.
- Promotion of more productive funds transfers through the sensitization of the various stakeholders: economic operators, migrants and households.
To identify the actions to undertake as to allow a better channeling of the funds of the diaspora.
|IOM West and Central Africa Regional Strategy 2020 - 2024||en|
|Population Mobility Mapping (PMM) - Far-North Region Cameroon (2 February)||en|
|Cartographie de la mobilité des populations (PMM) - Extrême-Nord Cameroun (2 février 2021)||fr|
|Migration & Covid-19 en Afrique de l'Ouest et du Centre||fr|
|Cartographie de la Mobilité des Populations (CMP) Réponse à la COVID-19 – Cameroun, région Est – 25 août 2020||fr|
|Population Mobility Mapping COVID-19 Response – Cameroon, East Region – 25 August 2020||en|
|COVID-19 Response - IOM West and Central Africa #11||en|
|NEWSLETTER OIM Cameroun Avril-Juin– COVID-19 EDITION||fr|
|COVID-19 SitRep - IOM West and Central Africa #9||en|
|COVID-19 SitRep - IOM West and Central Africa #8||en|
|COVID-19 SitRep - IOM West and Central Africa #7||en|
|COVID-19 SitRep - IOM West and Central Africa #6||en|
|West And Central Africa - Regional Mobility Mapping (October 2018)||en|
|Assistance to Voluntary Humanitarian Return 2017/2018||en|
|Regional Policies and Response to Manage Pastoral Movements within the ECOWAS Region||en|
|Guidelines for the Harmonization of Migration Data Management in the ECOWAS Region||en|
|West And Central Africa — Within And Beyond Borders: Tracking Displacement And Human Mobility In The Lake Chad Basin (March 2019)||en|
|CAMEROUN — Rapport sur les déplacements 15 (3—15 Septembre 2018)||fr|
|CAMEROON — Displacement Report 15 (3—15 September 2018)||en|
|Profil Migratoire Cameroun 2009||fr|