INVITATION TO THE REPRESENTATIVES OF THE MEDIA
WHAT: The ECOWAS Commission, with the support of the African Union Commission, the Regional UN Network on Migration for West and Central Africa and IOM is organizing a high-level Consultation on the Implementation of the Global Compact for Migration for the International Migration Review Forum 2022. This is a first opportunity for the ECOWAS Member States and other stakeholders to reflect collectively on initial results and to discuss ways in moving forward in the implementation of the GCM.
The consultations also aim to allow the ECOWAS Member States to ensure their common position will be well considered at the global level.
WHEN: 12 – 14 October 2021.
WHERE: Transcorp Hilton Hotel - Abuja, Nigeria.
The objectives of the consultations are :
1. Provide a brief overview of the GCM review processes and the timeline towards the 2022 International Migration Review Forum.
2. Provide an opportunity for the ECOWAS Member States to take stock and review the recent developments, progress made and challenges on the implementation of the GCM in West Africa.
3. Provide a space for experience sharing, best practices exchange and stocktaking by ECOWAS Member States during the implementation, follow-up and review of the GCM.
4. Assess the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on the implementation of the GCM and the governance of international migration.
5. Provide an opportunity for the ECOWAS Member States to optimize their engagement with and contribution to the upcoming high-level International Migration Review Forum.
Attached is the Concept Note
KAMPANI Stylia, Public Information Officer, IOM Nigeria Tel. +234 9062739168, Email: email@example.com or BA Alpha Seydi, Regional Media & Communications Officer, IOM DAKAR, Tel (Whatsapp): +222 41414103 – email: firstname.lastname@example.org