Call for applications - Workshop for journalists and media professionals in Mauritania
24 May 2022, 17:00pm
The event is organised in the framework of the Aware Migrants project, in partnership with the associations Carta di Roma, FRAME, Everyday Africa and the European Federation of Journalists.
Are you a journalist in Mauritania?
Would you like to exchange with other journalists and strengthen your knowledge on the media coverage of migration issues?
Sign up for the training course organised by the International Organization for Migration (IOM) and the Carta di Roma Association, in partnership with the European Federation of Journalists (FeJ) and the Everyday Africa association.
Training days: 24, 25, 26 May
30 places available
Deadline for applications: 15 May
What is it about?
The Aware Migrants project offers the opportunity to around 30 Mauritanian journalists to participate in a three-day workshop on "Media coverage of migration issues" which will take place from 24 to 26 May 2022.
The main objective of the training is to increase the knowledge of Mauritanian journalists in the field of reporting on migration issues and to provide practical tools to deal with the topic through hands-on activities in groups.
African and European journalists will participate in the meeting with the aim of building a network of journalists and exchanging best practices.
Who can participate?
- Journalists (print or web, TV, radio, video, social networks)
- Working in Mauritania
- Interested in reporting on migration issues
How to apply?
- Fill in this form before 15 May at 11:00 GMT
The candidate must meet the following criteria
- Relevant experience in the field of journalism/blogging of at least two years
- Relevant publications/audiovisual productions
- Mastery of the French language
- Be based in Mauritania
Registration is open to all nationalities.
- End of the call for applications: 15 May at 11:00 GMT
- Selection of participants by a selection committee: 15 -16 May
- Responses sent to applicants: 17 May at the latest